Skip to main content

One Day in Bangalore : Part 2


As usual, I picked the scooty & left our apartment holding the same water can. On my way an old lady, around 70 years, waved at me. So I slowed down a bit. 

"Some Kannada....lift....Some kannada" the old lady said.

"Yes" I replied with a smile. 

Then I offered her a lift. 

"Some Kannada" the old lady said on the way.

"Some more Kannada" 

"Actually....... I don't understand" I said with a smile.  

You don't ? 

No, Hindi or English is fine. 

" Thank you so much for the lift" she said with a grateful voice. 

It's ok. No problem.

So you are from ? 

Odisha.

What are you doing here ? 

I had my training here & now I am looking for a job. 

Where are you staying, in a PG ? 

No, I am staying with my friends. 

That's good, because staying outside is too costly. Besides the sanitation in those PGs are not good here.

Yes, that's right. 

After 200m I turned left, because that was my way to bring water.

" Straight, Straight" the old lady said. 

"Okay" I replied. 

" Thank you son. My home is a little ahead" she said with a smile. 

No problem. That's fine. I am free now. 

"How long you have been staying here ?" she asked. 

Around 10 months.  

You don't get worried. You will surely get a job. Compared to other parts of India here there are lots of Job opportunities. 

Yes, especially in engineering domain. 

Right. 

Now turn right. It's very near & thank you for the trouble I have put you in. 

No, no it's not a problem. 

A 10 second of silence followed. 

"You Wegornonweg ?" she asked. 

"Sorry ?" 

"Wegornonweg ?" 

Could you please repeat ?

"What do you eat ? Veg  or Nonveg ?" 

"Ohhhhhh, I eat both" I replied with a smile.

You also like vegetarian food ? 

Yes, in fact I like that more than nonveg. It's so refreshing to eat vegetables. Like when I was in my village I used to eat them a lot. But unfortunately I don't get as much varieties of vegetables here.

Actually there is a hotel very close to where you picked me. Laxmi Vaibhav. 

Yes, I know. 

They have some good options. You should try sometimes. 

Sure mam. 

You can leave me here. My home is very close, I can walk from here.

Okay mam.

What is your good name ? 

Jyotiranjan.

My name is Parvati & thank you so much for your kind help.

Thats okay mam. Nice to meet you.  

Comments

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Shiva ❤. Jaldi asa, Bangalore tamaku wait karichi

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks Neha for the feedback 😁 & keep reading (not necessarily my stuff but in general 📖)

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Frustration

  There is never a time when I have not enjoyed Math. Atleast that was my idea when i was in class 10. Then I came to +2 & faced a chapter called "permutation & combination" which gave me a blow hard enough to snatch my earlier idea. I hated it from top to bottom. Later on I faced "probability" in 2nd year which made me feel even worse. Somehow I was successful in consoling myself that I was still good in math especially in "relation & function" which holds an elite reputation among all chapters.  When I joined CET for B-Tech I was in ecstasy because I no longer have to frustrate myself with probability again. But my joy lasted for a year when I came to know that in GATE exam there is rarely a time when a question from probability is not asked. It was hard to digest. Later on I thought joining Made Easy might help. So I did that in 3rd year for a 2 year programme just like most of my classmates did. Did it change anything ?  Ofcourse no, other...

Weird Translations of Marvel & DC Characters

This is going to be some weird fun. I bet.  However, before coming into the center of our topic, which is weird translations, I would say one thing : "Stan Lee was Brilliant. No doubt about that. The way he has woven those characters & the extent of their relatability to people around the world is simply insane." As classy his own name (STAN LEE) sounds, his characters sound equally classy when you speak them aloud.  Now if we talk about the other side of the table, which is the dark DC, their characters have their appeal as well. Saying "Flash" gives nothing short of a mini adrenaline rush. Now we will see how these flowery names sound, once translated into a different language (in this case ODIA).  So without further ado, let's jump into the center.  Marvel Characters: 1) Pimpudi Manisa  2) Kala Bagha   3) Budhiani Manisa  4) Advuta Daktara  5) Pruthalakaya  6) America ra Adhinayaka  7) Drusti Shakti  8) Bichitra Adhinayika ...

A Story of My Love Affair with Language

When it comes to study, everyone has their memories from childhood. Me too. So if I have to sum up my whole childhood in one word it would be this : MATHEMATICS. Doesn't matter how much you score in other subjects, if your math score is bad, you are a #gadha (donkey). Atleast that was the scenario in my place.  Now I wouldn't lie. I really loved Math (& still do). The dance of numbers, the allignment of geometry & the magic of graphs was exciting from top to bottom. The process of getting trapped in a difficult math problem & using all your mental faculties to reach the final solution is nothing short of a mini adventure. During that period nothing can distract me unless it's an earthquake. I remember when I was in class 3 or 4, we got a tape recorder & we used to play Odia albums almost everyday. I used to keep humming those songs all day. Also at night every Saturday we used to watch Odia movies. So there was always this hunger for stories & music.  Du...