Skip to main content

Something to think about...


People are not dumb. They are smart. The irony is...

Okay, what am I talking about ? 

Let's go out for a walk in the market. 

What do you see ? 

You see girls. 

Now look at all those stalls selling street food. Quite busy stalls. 

Can you see the Pizza Hut ? 

Let's get a little closer, we have to see something.

Do you see the fat guy holding a gym bag ? 

He probably just came after a gym session. Look what he is ordering. 

A pizza. 

Not JUST a pizza. 

A pizza with added cheese & coca cola.

Now see what he will do after getting the pizza box.

He is reading the ingredients & calory content in the box. I told you, people aren't dumb.

Do you see what he found ? 

Ofcourse you don't. You are with me & you are watching him from a distance.

No worry. We can google it. 

Searched "total calories in a medium sized cheese pizza"

Result "Nearly 2000 calories"

So the guy perhaps lost 400/500 calories in gym & now he is reading that the pizza has 2000 calories.

Now, listen what his friend is telling him while he is reading the box.

"This is the 3rd time in this week you are eating pizza" said his friend.

"This is the last time. It won't happen again" the guy stressed each word he said. 

However, if you can read his friend's face you will know that he already knows what will happen in few days.

But he has to go with a promise. A promise, only few days away from being shattered again. 

Finally, the (fat) guy has earned the license to enjoy a 2000 calory pizza. I told you, he is smart. He is good with words. He can persuade himself to do anything he wants (ofcourse, if that is pleasing)

Back to pizza.

Watch what happens next. 

I am assuming he knows that he needs to lose more calories for losing weight. 

Look what he is doing. 

He just dumped it inside his mouth with a face full of satisfaction. 

Like I said, people are not dumb. They are smart. The irony is, they just ACT dumb. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Frustration

  There is never a time when I have not enjoyed Math. Atleast that was my idea when i was in class 10. Then I came to +2 & faced a chapter called "permutation & combination" which gave me a blow hard enough to snatch my earlier idea. I hated it from top to bottom. Later on I faced "probability" in 2nd year which made me feel even worse. Somehow I was successful in consoling myself that I was still good in math especially in "relation & function" which holds an elite reputation among all chapters.  When I joined CET for B-Tech I was in ecstasy because I no longer have to frustrate myself with probability again. But my joy lasted for a year when I came to know that in GATE exam there is rarely a time when a question from probability is not asked. It was hard to digest. Later on I thought joining Made Easy might help. So I did that in 3rd year for a 2 year programme just like most of my classmates did. Did it change anything ?  Ofcourse no, other...

Weird Translations of Marvel & DC Characters

This is going to be some weird fun. I bet.  However, before coming into the center of our topic, which is weird translations, I would say one thing : "Stan Lee was Brilliant. No doubt about that. The way he has woven those characters & the extent of their relatability to people around the world is simply insane." As classy his own name (STAN LEE) sounds, his characters sound equally classy when you speak them aloud.  Now if we talk about the other side of the table, which is the dark DC, their characters have their appeal as well. Saying "Flash" gives nothing short of a mini adrenaline rush. Now we will see how these flowery names sound, once translated into a different language (in this case ODIA).  So without further ado, let's jump into the center.  Marvel Characters: 1) Pimpudi Manisa  2) Kala Bagha   3) Budhiani Manisa  4) Advuta Daktara  5) Pruthalakaya  6) America ra Adhinayaka  7) Drusti Shakti  8) Bichitra Adhinayika ...

A Story of My Love Affair with Language

When it comes to study, everyone has their memories from childhood. Me too. So if I have to sum up my whole childhood in one word it would be this : MATHEMATICS. Doesn't matter how much you score in other subjects, if your math score is bad, you are a #gadha (donkey). Atleast that was the scenario in my place.  Now I wouldn't lie. I really loved Math (& still do). The dance of numbers, the allignment of geometry & the magic of graphs was exciting from top to bottom. The process of getting trapped in a difficult math problem & using all your mental faculties to reach the final solution is nothing short of a mini adventure. During that period nothing can distract me unless it's an earthquake. I remember when I was in class 3 or 4, we got a tape recorder & we used to play Odia albums almost everyday. I used to keep humming those songs all day. Also at night every Saturday we used to watch Odia movies. So there was always this hunger for stories & music.  Du...