Skip to main content

Who the hell is this guy posting random stuff ?


A Self-Introduction to Me :

Some of you know me (through Facebook), most of you don't. Ofcourse because I am an introvert who likes to shut himself in a room than going out to meet people in real. So today, although it's been late, I will introduce myself (just in case, you are wondering where am I coming from)..

My name is Jyoti-blah-blah-blah. I am an alumni of CET from the branch of Electrical Engineering. At my home, in Dhenkanal, my friends call me Chintu while my friends at CET call me RANGA BHAI (out of affection) & nobody calls me Jyotiranjan. 

I got into this writing-thing in 2015 while using Facebook. The more I wrote the more I found things to write about & eventually enjoyed it more than engineering (yes, I must admit). Since then I have written on Facebook for 8 years till 2023 & still continuing this blog.

I was born in the same year Titanic released in USA & Dil Toh Pagal Hai released in India. 1997. I hope you understand what I am trying to say about me. At the risk of sounding like a bore, I must admit, attending the PATHACHAKRA events of Sri Aurobindo has shaped my childhood to a great extent. May be that's why a part of my mind is a sucker for Philosophy.

My favourite high school subject is Math. I love to Read books, write whatever I want, watch movies, sing Hindi songs, cook chicken & Gossip-when-i-am-in-mood. Besides I enjoy playing cricket, carrom & selling goods in my father's grocery store. However, I must admit, few things like shorts/reels, chess, horror movies, Instagram, politics & religion are not my cup of tea.

Talking about my influences, I have watched Interstellar 16 times, Kuch Kuch hota hai 12 times & Piku 5 times. These days I feel sad when I think about MS Dhoni getting only 3 balls to play in IPL, Rahul Dravid not getting a proper farewell & not being able to see Rafael Nadal play in his prime years. 

When I need peace I listen to Shreya Ghosal, Arijit Singh & when I need to feel energetic I listen to Taylor Swift & Britney Spears. And in silence, sometimes I wonder how glorious was Ratan Tata, how amazing was Steve Jobs & how badass was Elon-freaking-Musk. 

Coming to my professional life, I have worked at a Semiconductor company as a Design Verification engineer. Currently I am looking for a new job. Over past few years, I have developed a keen interest in the field of electronics & hope it stays that way in coming years.

I believe, TEACHING is a sacred job. CODING is a valuable skill. SELLING is something everyone must know about & HUMILITY should never be compromised at any stage in life.

Shall I say more ?  

Nah ... that's more than enough...

Thank you for reading.

Bye, bye . .

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Frustration

  There is never a time when I have not enjoyed Math. Atleast that was my idea when i was in class 10. Then I came to +2 & faced a chapter called "permutation & combination" which gave me a blow hard enough to snatch my earlier idea. I hated it from top to bottom. Later on I faced "probability" in 2nd year which made me feel even worse. Somehow I was successful in consoling myself that I was still good in math especially in "relation & function" which holds an elite reputation among all chapters.  When I joined CET for B-Tech I was in ecstasy because I no longer have to frustrate myself with probability again. But my joy lasted for a year when I came to know that in GATE exam there is rarely a time when a question from probability is not asked. It was hard to digest. Later on I thought joining Made Easy might help. So I did that in 3rd year for a 2 year programme just like most of my classmates did. Did it change anything ?  Ofcourse no, other...

Weird Translations of Marvel & DC Characters

This is going to be some weird fun. I bet.  However, before coming into the center of our topic, which is weird translations, I would say one thing : "Stan Lee was Brilliant. No doubt about that. The way he has woven those characters & the extent of their relatability to people around the world is simply insane." As classy his own name (STAN LEE) sounds, his characters sound equally classy when you speak them aloud.  Now if we talk about the other side of the table, which is the dark DC, their characters have their appeal as well. Saying "Flash" gives nothing short of a mini adrenaline rush. Now we will see how these flowery names sound, once translated into a different language (in this case ODIA).  So without further ado, let's jump into the center.  Marvel Characters: 1) Pimpudi Manisa  2) Kala Bagha   3) Budhiani Manisa  4) Advuta Daktara  5) Pruthalakaya  6) America ra Adhinayaka  7) Drusti Shakti  8) Bichitra Adhinayika ...

People-Killing Lightnings of Odisha

As a coastal state Odisha is blessed with a beach. But it has brought it's fair share of adversities too. It's most commonly known adversary being Cyclones, Lightnings have somehow stayed away from public discussion. Part of the reason is that lightnings don't impact an entire geographical area, which somehow leads to lower public awareness. But the thing is they usually don't strike, but when they do, they do it hard.  Statistics shows, in Odisha cyclone kills around 60-70 people per year while lightning takes 250-300 lives. All this within a span of 5 months (may to sep). Now guess which state of India is at the top when it comes to lightning count ? It's none other than the beach side state called Odisha. Madhya Pradesh & Jharkhand takes the no 2 & no 3 spot.  What's more surprising, 96% of death comes from rural areas. They are mostly farmers, labourers & tribal people. The most fundamental causes of death are : 1) Working in Open agricultural fi...