Skip to main content

A Personal Status Check : Writing & Reading in 2025


Unlike before, I don't have the same enthusiasm to express myself, but I must say, I am dying to get a lengthy time block where I can pick a book & lose myself in a different world. 

It's not like I don't have things to write about. In fact, I have too many than I had before. The difference is that, I feel like I could do things which are more urgent & important than writing something for the sake of writing. Secondly, I feel like previously I had the luxury to look at my own life, the world & form a point of view which ultimately I used to translate into writing. 

As a matter of fact, now I am immersed in the mundane events of my life, so deeply that it's hard to look at it & form a point of view of any sort. On the other hand, things are quite different when it comes to READING.

I have never been so hungry to read. May be part of the reason is that, these days I don't read on a daily basis, like I used to read before. That same old reading-appetite is there, but there is rarely any time to read. Apart from work, the time is so scattered in tiny blocks that it doesn't make sense to open a book & be there for 2 to 3 hours.

In the coming June I am planning a trip to Pondicherry. The main reason of my visit is to visit the Sri Aurobindo Ashram near White Town. While as a complementary activity, as you can guess, I hope I could finish atleast one Novel while roaming along the sea line. It could mark a moment to rekindle the love I always had towards spending quality time reading & trekking along a cerebral adventure.

Lastly, to those readers checking on this post, please keep reading, one book after another. I am cheering for you & I want you to enjoy every single seconds you are spending with books. Knowingly or unknowingly, we are becoming a part of this growing community of bibliophiles in India. Cheers to you, my dear readers. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Face of Frustration

  There is never a time when I have not enjoyed Math. Atleast that was my idea when i was in class 10. Then I came to +2 & faced a chapter called "permutation & combination" which gave me a blow hard enough to snatch my earlier idea. I hated it from top to bottom. Later on I faced "probability" in 2nd year which made me feel even worse. Somehow I was successful in consoling myself that I was still good in math especially in "relation & function" which holds an elite reputation among all chapters.  When I joined CET for B-Tech I was in ecstasy because I no longer have to frustrate myself with probability again. But my joy lasted for a year when I came to know that in GATE exam there is rarely a time when a question from probability is not asked. It was hard to digest. Later on I thought joining Made Easy might help. So I did that in 3rd year for a 2 year programme just like most of my classmates did. Did it change anything ?  Ofcourse no, other...

Weird Translations of Marvel & DC Characters

This is going to be some weird fun. I bet.  However, before coming into the center of our topic, which is weird translations, I would say one thing : "Stan Lee was Brilliant. No doubt about that. The way he has woven those characters & the extent of their relatability to people around the world is simply insane." As classy his own name (STAN LEE) sounds, his characters sound equally classy when you speak them aloud.  Now if we talk about the other side of the table, which is the dark DC, their characters have their appeal as well. Saying "Flash" gives nothing short of a mini adrenaline rush. Now we will see how these flowery names sound, once translated into a different language (in this case ODIA).  So without further ado, let's jump into the center.  Marvel Characters: 1) Pimpudi Manisa  2) Kala Bagha   3) Budhiani Manisa  4) Advuta Daktara  5) Pruthalakaya  6) America ra Adhinayaka  7) Drusti Shakti  8) Bichitra Adhinayika ...

A Story of My Love Affair with Language

When it comes to study, everyone has their memories from childhood. Me too. So if I have to sum up my whole childhood in one word it would be this : MATHEMATICS. Doesn't matter how much you score in other subjects, if your math score is bad, you are a #gadha (donkey). Atleast that was the scenario in my place.  Now I wouldn't lie. I really loved Math (& still do). The dance of numbers, the allignment of geometry & the magic of graphs was exciting from top to bottom. The process of getting trapped in a difficult math problem & using all your mental faculties to reach the final solution is nothing short of a mini adventure. During that period nothing can distract me unless it's an earthquake. I remember when I was in class 3 or 4, we got a tape recorder & we used to play Odia albums almost everyday. I used to keep humming those songs all day. Also at night every Saturday we used to watch Odia movies. So there was always this hunger for stories & music.  Du...